Choosing a trip to Greece is a fantastic opportunity to enjoy some of the most beautiful scenery in the world and now with Greece’s Medical Tourism industry growing at a rapid pace, it can now be a medically convenient holiday too! The Ancient Greeks have long been credited with starting what is now known as Medical Tourism. People traveled from far and wide to sample Greece’s healing waters and Spa Treatments. Hippocrates (460BC), the father of western medicine, originally from the Greek island of Kos (or Cos) in the Aegean sea, practiced the art of healing for the first time in human history not as a priest but in a scientific way with remarkable results. People traveling from all over the ancient world were arriving at the first Asclepion of Hippocrates, to be hosted, treated and cured by him. Later, many more Asclepions were founded by him and his students all over Greece. Asclepion temples were small ancient clinics-sanctuaries combined with thermal spring water treatment areas, where diagnosis and treatment was taking place on a professional basis by ancient physicians. This practice marked the beginning of scientific medical tourism in modern history. Now, in modern European Greece with all areas of Medicine offered, you too can follow in ancient footsteps, combining a holiday in spectacular surroundings with a personalized Medical Treatment program of the highest quality!
Why Choose Greece for Travel and Treatment ?
Is it the history that draws us to Greece? The land that has given us the Acropolisand Delphi and Olympia has been attracting tourists for 200 years since the days of Lord Elgin. Could it be the Greek Islands? Mykonos, Santorini, Crete,Paros, Naxos and Rhodes with their beautiful beaches, restaurants, nightlife and archaeological sites have been popular for decades. Or lesser known islands like Sifnos, Lesvos, Kea that have always been attractive to those looking for a more quiet escape.
Maybe it is the allure of the Peloponessos with its high mountains and beautiful coast, its rich history and the seaports of Gythion andNapflion which have sent sailors all over the world for centuries. Could it be theGreek food? Maybe it’s the weather in Greece where they say there are 300 days of sunshine, most of it between May and November. Maybe it is the spiritual quality of places like Meteora where centuries old monasteries crown giant rocks.
I think the reason Greece is popular is because it is somehow familiar while at the same time exotic. Whether this familiarity comes from studying the ancient Greeks in school or something deeper or more spiritual I don’t know.
I can’t begin to count all the e-mails from people who have written that they have always had an attraction to Greece and once they had visited felt they somehow belonged there. Places were as familiar as if they had once been home. It is not chance that the slogan for the Athens 2004 Olympics was ‘Welcome Home’. It was not just a homecoming for the Olympics themselves but for all those visiting the place that has much to do with who we are today. And maybe some of us once walked the streets of ancient Athens with Socrates and Plato.
For me writing about Greece is not a job. It is like a higher calling. If one’s duty on earth is to awaken those around him and so awaken himself what better tool is there than Greece? For those of us who spend long hours a day working or involved in the routine of modern life, Greece is an awakening. It reminds us that we are alive. I hope that my Greece Travel Guides awaken something in you that brings you back to Greece. There is an energy here that is undeniable. You can feel it, and it can change your life. It change your life. Believe me.
Well, if Medical tourism is the traveling of people from various countries to (mostly archipelago) well known attractive touristic destinations for the purpose of obtaining medical treatment combined with nice vacation, then Greece is the original (2000 years BC) medical tourism destination and you are most welcome to enjoy it !!
– Plastic Surgery in Greece (Hellas) is of the highest quality. Most Greek plastic surgeons are internationally certified and in close contact with their European, American and International colleagues, participating constantly in major world scientific congresses and events. Among the best plastic surgeons of the world today there are some Greek medical doctors. Ten thousant plastic surgery operations per year, are performed in 10 state and 10 major private and some smaller centers of plastic surgery in Greece (Hellas). Two thirds of them are performed in Athens alone. Some are performed in Salonic, (the capital of Macedonia). A small number is performed in Larissa, Crete and Rhodes. No catastrophic accidents or complications related to plastic surgeries have been reported in Greece..
Who is the best plastic surgeon today in Greece (Athens, Thessaloniki or other cities) ?? Well, be sure that you will find many “best” “top” and “safe” Greek plastic surgeons here in this part of Europe and the Eurozone..
– Comparative over all costs of surgery are lower in Greece than in other European, North and South American countries.
– Full nursing, transportation and touristic services are provided by the host.
– English, Russian, Chinese, German, French, Spanish and Portuguese speaking staff in charge
– Greece (Ellada) is located in equal distance between Europe, Asia and Africa. It is one of the most preferred, safe and pleasant touristic destinations offering a variety of vacation choices for the “global citizen”. Aegean airlines,Olympic airways, Aeroflot, Cyprus, Ryanair, Lufthansa, British, Easyjet, Delta, Air France, Alitalia, Swiss, Turkish airlines, Thai, Sincapore, Quatar, Golf and Etihad airways will safely and comfortably connect you to Athens and other touristic destinations in Greece like cosmopolitan Myconos, picturesque Santorini, sunny Crete, green Corfu, medieval Rhodes, religious Patmos, mastic Chios, Lesbian Mytilene, Homeric Samos, astonishing Kastoria, olive Kalamata, the Byzantine Holly Mount Athos, medical Kos (the historic island of Hippokrates himelf) etc….
– Greece (Ellada) has a mild year round climate and “friendly” atmosphere.
– The city of Athens and the Hellenic countryside are filled with museums and archaeological sites, theaters cinemas and concert halls.
– Athens is a shoppers heaven, carrying all European and American designer’s articles and products.
– The city of Athens successfully hosted of the 2004 summer Olympic Games.
– Dr Lyras’ strong connection with the top Brazilian Plastic Surgery schools and Institutions (including the famous Ivo Pitanguy plastic surgery Institute in Rio de Janeirio) < for decades probably the best in the world> is a guarantee of the best modern and safe aesthetic and reconstructive plastic surgery services in Greece. Dr. Lyras is also the Honorary Consul of Brazil in Piraeus, Greece.